The reformation of the church during the 1500/1600s returned the church to the principles of:
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Sola Fide (“Faith alone”): We are saved through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (“Grace alone”): We are saved only by the grace of God.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Saviour, and King.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.
Following the pattern we see in the New Testament (eg Acts chapter 15), our minister and elders are accountable to a wider body of men known as a Presbytery.
The Presbytery meets every few months and is made up of ministers and elders of all the different RP churches across the island of Ireland. Presbytery is responsible for overseeing existing congregations and planting new ones.
There are four Presbyteries In the Reformed Presbyterian Church in Ireland and once a year in June they meet as a Synod to plan and to pray about important matters to do with advancing the Kingdom of Christ through our denomination's work and witness in Ireland and overseas.
THE GLOBAL RP CHURCH
The Reformed Presbyterian Church is a global family of churches with the same ethos & confessional basis. Each has very close relationships with the following churches in the ‘RP Family’:
UK, USA & Canada, Ireland, France, Japan, Australia, East Asia, India